Read in Gigaom today about various current forms and values of coworking. From environmentalists to savvy entrepreneurs, coworking is expanding as each participant brings his/her own perspective to the mix.
A few quick thoughts on what I foresee:
- I envision a strong community that supports new parents and their children, but is made up of a wider sector of the population. I don’t have kids myself!
- I see a creative, collaborative space for graphic designers, writers, programmers, scientists and more.
- More than desks with laptops. I will have my sewing machine on a table and will probably be working on a quilt or a Halloween costume.
- Conference rooms. I may rent out meeting rooms and would love to give non-profits a free or discounted rate.
- Dogs welcome!
- Lots of coffee.
- Six weeks to 30 months of cuteness cared for by amazing staff in a sound proofed room nearby 🙂
Let’s see how this evolves over the next year.